Re: HELO command in exim

Pedro Zorzenon Neto wrote (on 4 Jul 2001, at 9:45):

>  How can I tell exim to send my full domain in the HELO
> instead of my hostname?

>From the exim info, under Main Configuration:

primary_hostname *option*
-------------------------

Option: primary_hostname
Type: string
Default: "see below"

This specifies the name of the current host. This is used in the
HELO command for outgoing SMTP messages, and as the default for
`qualify_domain'.  If it is not set, Exim calls `uname()' to
find it. If this fails, Exim panics and dies.  If the name
returned by `uname()' contains only one component, Exim passes
it to `gethostbyname()' in order to obtain the fully qualified
version.

T.

--
-- Tony Crawford