Re: Printing Question

> I CCd this to the debian-user list in order to preserve the thread.
>

> I'm able to print text and pdf files, but I'm having some problems
> with ps. I'll look into that tomorrow. At least I know I'm not going
> crazy.

Thank you so much for CCing this to the list.

I have been completely baffled as to why I could not get so much as a sound out
of my printer since I installed debian.  This was despite dmesg output very
similar to yours, including my EPSON 777 being recognized.

By booting with the printer off (which I never even considered doing before) I
am now able to print by sending a text file directly to /dev/lp0.

Now on to trying to get the filter right.  I'm sure I'll have to resort to
asking the list for help, but I'll take some time to try to muddle through
myself.

Norbert Froese