.Xauthority and kdm

hello all

I upgraded to kde 2.2beta. I start now to runlevel 5 and kdm.
My problem is that I dont know how to configure Xauthority that other users
(even root) can acces the display.
I get the following message:

--------------------------------------------------/
tim@tim:~$ su
Password:
tim:/home/tim# xawtv
This is xawtv-3.53.1, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.5)
Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
Error: Can't open display: :0
tim:/home/tim#

When I start into runlevel 2 and startx I set the permission with "xhost
myhost". This is secure enough for me because its my privat firewalled
network. But xhost doesnt work in runlevel 5...

I went thru the manual of xauth but cant figure out how to give anyone (or
specific user) access to the display?

thanks in advance

tim