Re: RAID and Debian???

On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Vos wrote:

> Hello people,
>
> I've got a bit of a problem, I've just bought a new motherboard
> with an on-board RAID controller (HighPoint HPT 370) and I wanted to
> install debian potato, but I can't when using RAID :-(. When I boot with
> the cd I can't partition the HDD, because debian can't find my HDD when
> it is in RAID mode.. Does anyone know what I can do besides not using
> RAID?

you should have read the various mailing list and archives...
and would have foundmany people gave up on those onboard raid controllers
that are not quite hw nor sw raid ... making it hard to make work with
their linux distro

- dont know if the problems has been resolved with hpt-370

for raid0 and raid1... you're better off with just sw raid and minimize
costs ... but thats just my $0.01 peso worth

c ya
alvin
http://www.Linux-Consulting.com/Raid