Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 07:34:05PM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:

> And that's why I find it good, that Debian uses a different format from
> RPM.  There's simply no risk for me to install a package that hoses up
> my system integrity.  With DEB I'm forced to go the apt-get route.  I
> can download unofficial packages, but at least the packager knows that
> I'm going to use Debian.

This seems like an argument of weakness to me. "We have no compatibility
proplems, no one wants to use are system anyway". It's not even true.
Progeny, Storm, Libra to name a few also use .debs.

--
	Casper Gielen
casper@huiscomputer.homeip.net, capslock2000@mailandnews.com