Re: Time to fight for our beloved DEB format!

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> RPM is not inherently bad.  RH (and others) simply do not have a common
> standards set that must be followed like Debian does.

And that's why I find it good, that Debian uses a different format from
RPM.  There's simply no risk for me to install a package that hoses up
my system integrity.  With DEB I'm forced to go the apt-get route.  I
can download unofficial packages, but at least the packager knows that
I'm going to use Debian.

And if some software is not packaged as DEB (yeah right, what would that
be), I can always install from sources.

Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld