Re: [users] Re: how to prevent apt-get upgrading a package?

also sprach Joost Kooij (on Sun, 01 Jul 2001 03:23:37PM +0200):
> It's called dselect.  But it is a secret.  If you tell anyone about it,
> the cabal will have to send a mob onto you.  ;-)

but as far as i know, you only want to place a "hold" onto that
package, then use apt-get for the dist-upgrade. i think; noone has
explained to me the difference between apt-get upgrade and apt-get
dist-upgrade yet :(

"the human brain is like an enormous fish --
 it is flat and slimy
 and has gills through which it can see."
                                                       -- monty python