Re: Maestro sound

>"Darryl L. Pierce" wrote:
>>
>> I have ESS Maestro 2E sound hardward on my laptop. When I built my kernel (2
>.2.19) I made
>> sure to enable it and have verified in /var/log/dmesg that the module(s) get
>s loaded.
>> However, when I try to run a sample sound application (in this case, a JMF a
>pplet using
>> Java 1.3) the code throws exceptions about being unable to find any MIDI or
>line hardware.
>> How else can I verify that my sound equipment is properly working?

`find / -name *.au -print; cat <$file> >/dev/dsp` (I might be wrong
 about the {}-part, check man find yourself).

Also make sure that you´re not running esd when trying.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- As folks might have suspected, not much survives except roaches,
-- and they don't carry large enough packets fast enough...