Re: harddisk woes after power outage

hi ya robert...

*ouch*...

yeah... its good that e2fsck can fix the fs..but sometimes...
the fs is badly broken from a power shutdown ...

there not much you can do unless ya wanna go fixing the
inodes and links etc.. ( not too easy ... :-)

- save your data to another disk...and reinstall
  from your *.deb packages????
	- let it check itself again..

-- devices...

> - which partition is "device 03:05" referring to (I guess hda5 but I´m

ls -la /dev | grep disk | grep 3, | grep 5

	says that its hda5 your /usr partition

have fun
alvin