Re: OT : Monitor dying?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 12:11:38 EDT, iehrenwald@earthlink.net writes:
>In the past week, the picture on my monitor has gotten progressively
>lighter and lighter.  I haven't touched the contrast or brightness
>wheels.  I checked all the connections to and from the tower and
>monitor.  Even opened up the tower and re-seated the video card.  No
>luck.  The only thing that has changed is [drumroll] the weather.  It's
>extremely humid and has been for about a week, coinciding with when the
>monitor started having it's problems.  Is it possible that humidity can
>make a monitor display the picture much lighter than normal?  If so, does
>this cause permanent damage?  Right now it's like I'm looking at the
>screen through heavy fog.

I had the same problem when I (some 5 or 6 years ago) started hanging my
 freshly-washed clothes in the same room as my computer. Stopped that
 practice, everything fine again.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
-- contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the