Re: networking script in Debian

"Wing" <daiwing@hotmail.com> writes:

> I have a simple question. In the boot up of the debian system, how and when
> the /etc/init.d/networking script in debian get called?

Check the /etc/rc[0-9].d/ directories.

> I expect to find a S10networking in rc2.d directory but there
> wasn't.

Why? There doesn't have to be exactly this link in this directory.

See:

$ ls /etc/rc[0-9].d/* | grep networking
/etc/rc0.d/S35networking
/etc/rc6.d/S35networking

> Also, I want to install a static routes when boot up. Is there a
> standard place in debian for me to edit?

Yes, in Debian, network intefaces are configured via
/etc/network/interfaces; see the interfaces manpage.

	moritz
--
Moritz Schulte <moritz@chaosdorf.de> http://www.chaosdorf.de/moritz/
Debian/GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org/ http://www.gnu.org/