Re: Proliant 1000 pains in the butt

gHello,

Maybe I did not make myself clear that well.
I compiled a kernel witch was patched with mingo........'s patch;
raid-2.2.18.A0 (i think).
I then made menuconfig; make dep; make bzImage. Then copied the bzImage to
the rescue-flop renaming it to linux.

Everything went well up untill the point where the install-program wishes to
install system operating-kernel and modules.--> CD-rom; can not mount
rescue-floppy. (my "rescue-floppy") OK. Made myself an original
rescue-floppy, but it didn't buy it. Same message.
I went to a console with alt-F2; but I have no clue on how to mount the flop
(i.e.: didn't buy mounting fd0; fd0CompaQ; with or without the -t vfat
option).

Is there a workaround on this?

Almost.............almost is entirely NOTHING!

Thanks,
Frans Schreuder