Re: Why is setting up X so arcane?

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

On Friday 29 June 2001 10:03, Nikki Locke wrote:

In article <[🔎] 87r8w4hyub.fsf@arwen.fsnet.co.uk>, Stig Brautaset wrote:

Have you tried xf86cfg at all? I haven't seen anybody mentioning it..

pentium:~# xf86cfg
bash: xf86cfg: command not found
pentium:~# locate cf86cfg
pentium:~# apt-cache search xf86cfg
pentium:~#

> This is wrong. Try 'xf86config'   wahoo!

Actually, xf86cfg is a perfectly good command, but I believe it's only available in Sid. I've used it on two or three machines, without success in it's graphic mode, but with the "xf86cfg -textmode" method, have had pretty good success. I like it MUCH better than XF86Config or xf86config.

Kent