Re:

I have an ASUS A7V133, and the chipset is VIA. It should be the same for
you, but you should consult your motherboard manual.

Since you're using a GeForce 2 GTS, you'll be using the nvidia kernel
and X drivers. It needs either kernel AGP support or the nvidia AGP
support, and you add the "NvAGP" option to your X config to choose
between the 2. If you use the former, then you'll need to compile AGP
support in the kernel.

Aq.

On 29 Jun 2001 15:54:34 +0200, Johannes Jörg wrote:
> Hello List
>
> I'm going to migrate from a PIII 500 to an athlon.
> My new Mainboard wil be an Asus A7M266. To use AGP (new GeForce 2 GTS,
> hehe), what kernel option will I have to enable for /dev/agpgart? Is it the
> "Irongate" chipset? I'm a bit confused because the kernel help says "you should
> probably say N, unless you want to test the GLX component for XFree86 3.3.6",
> but it says also "...gives you AGP support for the GLX component of the XFree86
> 4.x on AMD Irongate chipset..."
>
> What does this mean?
>
> joerg
>
> --
> http://www.gmx.net
>
> --
> GMX Tipp:
>
> Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
> http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a
>

> --
 e-mail: aquila at hypox dot org
 website: http://aquila.hypox.org