Portmapper Problem

G'day

On my sid/i386 box I have a problem with the portmap daemon since
the critical bug regarding the PAM modules.

The bug is fixed but the RPC portmapper doesnt come up since this.
I cannot enable any network services no longer.

Error message:
RPC: sendmsg returned error 101
Protmap: server localhost not responding, timed out

Can anybody explain this, and point out a solution to fix this?

A pointer to a web document which detailed explained manual
network setup and diagnosis of config files (for Debian)
is also very welcome.

Thank you.

Guenter