bypassing two proxies

I need to bypass two proxies. The first one is just a straight up proxy. The
other one is some other kind of beast, as it asks for http authentication. I
had my credentials in order, i just have a really hard time setting up
$http_proxy accordingly. the second proxy is transparent, except for the
authentication. the question will then be if it's possible to set a default
http authentication user/pass ? otherwise, what other options do i have? i
would really like to get apt going..

best regards,

Jeppe

Jeppe Salvesen - http://jeppe.ioslo.net/