Re: New TrueType fonts doc version 1.1

%% Walt Mankowski <waltman@netaxs.com> writes:

  wm> I haven't read your document -- you didn't provide a link :-) --

Doh!

  http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux

  wm> but you might want to point people to
  wm> http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/default.htm if you're
  wm> not already doing so.

  wm> That webpage allows you to download what Microsoft calls their
  wm> "TrueType core fonts for the Web".  The downloads are free, and while
  wm> IANAL the EULA seems to me to allow personal use on Linux.

That font set is already packaged for Linux (testing/unstable), so you
can install it with apt or whatever... and I do mention it in my doc.
In fact, my doc deals quite explicitly with how to install it.

Thx!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools