Re: New TrueType fonts doc version 1.1

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 11:38:06PM -0400, Paul D. Smith wrote:
> I uploaded version 1.1 of my TrueType fonts for XFree 4.x on Debian
> document.
>
> This version discusses more explicitly how to install TrueType fonts
> that are not packaged for Debian (for example, ones you copy from your
> Microsoft Windows partition).  Note I have no idea or opinion on whether
> using those fonts in this way violates your EULA or not: you need to
> decide that for yourself.
>
> There are a few other touch-ups that people suggested.  Thanks to my
> readers :)

I haven't read your document -- you didn't provide a link :-) -- but
you might want to point people to
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/default.htm if you're not
already doing so.

That webpage allows you to download what Microsoft calls their
"TrueType core fonts for the Web".  The downloads are free, and while
IANAL the EULA seems to me to allow personal use on Linux.

Walt