Re: kernel install - unres. symbols

On Thursday 28 June 2001 20:46, Joost Kooij wrote:
> Can you think of anything unusual in your configuration?  Maybe your
> version of kernel-package doesn't know how to deal with it.

Good idea. I have kernel-package 7.20 from Progeny, a leftover from when I
upgraded a bunch of packages from a Progeny CD because the network wasn't
working and I needed recent drivers. Doeas anyone know if the Progeny
kernel-package is different?

> If you keep having these "unresolved symbol" errors, then one might say
> that installation was not really successful and that kernel-package should
> try to trap these errors.  But that is an "if", I don't know what is really
> wrong.

As I said, the kernel boots fine. I don't get these messages when I boot. Or
do you mean when I install that kernel again? Should I try? Is it save to
install it again?