Re: Raid; mkraid /dev/md0_HELP?

franz-

from the /usr/src/linux directory after extracting the tar archive, with the gzipped patch file in the /usr/src directory, issue "zcat ../<name of patch file.gz> | patch -p1  .

in the last couple of days i've configured a debian box with a stripe set volume, let me know if you have any questions.  for one thing, if you're doing a fresh install you don't necessarily need to upgrade the kernel to 2.4.5 unless you want to.  the 2.2.19 kernel on the woody installation diskettes can be configured to handle raid under the block devices setup, which gives you the opportunity to get a good installation before you mess with the kernel.

john cuson
(jcuson@labs.isdh.state.in.us, jcuson@alumni.indiana.edu)

"I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
for a might-have-been has never been, but a has-been was once an
are."

                                        -Milton Berle