Re: newbie partition question

At work I installed a Window 2K/Debian dual boot.
The steps I took were:
    0. Read the Debian Installation Instructions
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/install.en.txt
        If you're new to Debian you might have been
    like me thinking that "installation instructions
    aren't really necessary". In Debian, they are.
    There is alot of good information just in that
    document alone.
    1. Install Windows. Partition the drive here
       in 2 parts
    2. Install Debian Potato V2.2R3. I got a
       distribution on CD from Cheap Bytes and
       I made one partition for Linux

Hope this helps!

By the way, welcome the fun and sometimes confusing
world of Debian GNU/Linux! Here's a couple of things I
got out of this groups

You should bookmark this sight:
http://newbieDoc.sourceForge.net/

and look at any mail that is sent by
Will Trillich. He has newbie tips at the
end of all his mail that are very good!