samba question

G'day guys

In the next few days I'm going to be trying to replace an NT server that does domain control for a windows network, printing for the network, indows network file server, and allows dial up access to the network (and through it to the internet).

My plan is to use samba on Debian and avoid the massive win2k licence cost (i'd need the 25 seat licence)

My understanding is that I'd need Samba 2.20 to do all of this.

so should i:

a) build samba 2.2 from source?
b) download 2.2 from unstable and use dpkg to install it? (probably having to install the newer libc6? from my reading of the package list)
c) upgrade the server to unstable and run a production box on the bleeding edge?

any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated

John