Re: [OT] Software to draw microprocessor schematics

Viktor Rosenfeld <rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> I need to develep a microprocessor for my computer science class and I'm
> looking for a tool to draw the schematics.  I've looked at xcircuit and
> chipmunk-log, but I'm quite frightened by the user interface.  I'm
> comfortable with xfig and I've finally realized how to export xfig
> drawings, so I can use them with pdflatex, but the library for
> Computers->Schematics is a little lacking.

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Do you just need to draw
schematics, do you need to then implement this in logic on a PCB,
or are you planning on putting this onto a FPGA?  When I looked at
chipmunk, it seemed to me to be more inclined to the ASIC route,
so I have been using other tools like Eagle.  I do printed circuit
board (PCB) layout, as opposed to ASIC design.

Tools exist for all of the above, and vary in freeness/cost based
on what you're trying to accomplish.

Cheers,
--
Mike Pfleger

There's seventy brilliant people on earth.
Where are they hiding?
"Yashar" -Cabaret Voltaire (off of "2x45")