Re: [OT] Software to draw microprocessor schematics

Viktor Rosenfeld <rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I need to develep a microprocessor for my computer science class and
> I'm looking for a tool to draw the schematics.  I've looked at
> xcircuit and chipmunk-log, but I'm quite frightened by the user
> interface.  I'm comfortable with xfig and I've finally realized how
> to export xfig drawings, so I can use them with pdflatex, but the
> library for Computers->Schematics is a little lacking.
>
> Is there a special tool for drawing microprocessors with a decent UI
> out there?  Or does anybody know an extensive library for xfig?

Not sure if it's entirely what you want, but you might check out
dia. It is a Visio(tm) clone.

Also, there is a program called spice, but I think that is more along
the line of simulating/drawing circuit-boards.

Cheers, Stig
--
 23:21:28 up 1 day,  8:27,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00