Re: [OT] Software to draw microprocessor schematics

Viktor Rosenfeld <rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de> writes:

> I need to develep a microprocessor for my computer science class and I'm
> looking for a tool to draw the schematics.  I've looked at xcircuit and
> chipmunk-log, but I'm quite frightened by the user interface.  I'm
> comfortable with xfig and I've finally realized how to export xfig
> drawings, so I can use them with pdflatex, but the library for
> Computers->Schematics is a little lacking.
>
> Is there a special tool for drawing microprocessors with a decent UI out
> there?  Or does anybody know an extensive library for xfig?

Just yesterday I took a look at a xcircuit (which's pull down menus
don't work here, unstable) and electric.

Electric (debian package) looks pretty decent in regard of the UI, but
because I basically just wanted to draw a simple circuit, it was a
little too much for me. Take a look, it might be what you're looking for.

--
Tschoe,                    Get my gpg-public-key here
 Jens                     http://gecius.de/gpg-key.txt