Re: Netscape 4.77 Java Fonts too large

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 08:02:31AM -0700, Eric Richardson (eric@milagrosoft.com) scribbled

> > Already have the msttcorefonts installed and the Netscape.ad modified
> > but there was some interesting stuff about scalable fonts at the
> > bottom of the page you mentioned...thanks for the URL, I'll play
> > around with scalable fonts and see if that helps.

> Can you apt-get these fonts?

yes...msttcorefonts is in testing and unstable. It's a script
that will automagically download the fonts from the MS site and
install them.

I'd recommend looking at Paul D. Smith's webpage on installing
TrueType fonts in Debian.

http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux

at the bottom he has links to installing the fonts under XFree86.4.X
or Debian2.2

I followed his instructions for installing under XFree86.4x and it was
simple and easy.

Thank you Paul :)