Re: big IBM harddisk

>> Good info. I had a 486/66MHz system. I pulled out the huge
>> 350mb hard drive and installed my 20Gb wd. The bios seen
>> *something* and then I installed debian. Never had a hitch
>> with it.I don't really think debian gives a rip what the
>> bios thinks at any rate!

Is actually Linux who doesn't read disk geometry from the BIOS.
Not really a Debian issue, more a kernel one. :)

Guys, sorry if someone already said it (I wasn't following this
thread), but, can't you tell the kernel (via boot parameters)
that you have a hdd located in controller X position X with X
geometry info, manually? To bypass BIOS recognition of it? This
should be documented in a HOWTO, Boot-Param I guess.

  Jordi S. Bunster
<jsb@nautilus.com.br>