RE: big IBM harddisk

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 KenrickC@aap.com.au wrote:

> I installed a 40Gb Western Digital hard drive over the weekend into my PII
> 300 machine as a second drive.  My BIOS didn't recognise it, but Debian did.
> Have you tried installing it as a second drive?  Of course, if you want to
> be able to boot from it, the BIOS will need to know about it.  Check dmesg
> output to see if it comes up as a device.
>
> - Chris

My system is now as follows:

1 GB hdd as hda (debian is here)
HP cd-writer as hdd

I've tried all the combinations possible without changing the old setup.
If I put that IBM harddisk as hdb the computer doesn't boot...

Maybe I have to change the cd-writer into hdb? And put that IBM drive
into hdc?

I will try again this evening. My computer is at home, I'm writing this at
my working place.

-hv