Re: cd-rom "medium not found", no modules load

At 02:20 PM 6/26/01 +0200, you wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 06:08:45AM -0400, Stephen Taylor wrote:
>> Is 2.4.5 the latest version of the kernel or something else? Where can I
>> download it?
>
>http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/
>
>> These don't work:
>> boot: linux ide-scsi=hdb
>
>AFAIK that should read "linux hdb=ide-scsi".  Correct me if I'm wrong.
(yes, my test notes say the same thing)

>A normal ide/atapi cdrom, or any cdrw used as plain cdrom only should not
>need any of it.  If your cdrom does not show up, first check the cabling,
>do you use the right device name (hd[abcd]), is the ide chipset supported
>by the kernel.

It worked before; Bootmagic may have altered the MBR and fdisk /mbr did not
repair it.

The bios boots the cd. The install script reads it, does the install steps
until it asks for reboot; after reboot, linux can't find it. The debug log
shows "disk changed noticed at ide0(3,64)" "cdrom failed to open"

Thanks again/st