Re: cd-rom "medium not found", no modules load

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/

> These don't work:
> boot: linux ide-scsi=hdb

AFAIK that should read "linux hdb=ide-scsi".  Correct me if I'm wrong.

> >> What modules / parameters do I need to install a cd-rom
> >> at io=0x1f0 and interrupt=14?

A normal ide/atapi cdrom, or any cdrw used as plain cdrom only should not
need any of it.  If your cdrom does not show up, first check the cabling,
do you use the right device name (hd[abcd]), is the ide chipset supported
by the kernel.

Cheers,

Joost