Re: [users] Re: An *idea* that *might* put Debian on top (?)

:: Nick Jennings writes:

>  From your post you seem to be under the idea that there is nothing
>  to impove with debian because of apt-get.

I'd just like to add that APT has already been ported so it works with
Conectiva RPMs, and RPM-based distributions will soon be using
it. Details of how well it works on one or other system aside, this
means that, although Debian has the merit of developing APT for the
first time, APT will not necessarily be an "advantage" of Debian over
others anymore. And hardware detection and configuration is being
worked on by others for quite some time now...
(But of course, Debian still has the greatest quality-assurance
process around!)

(Just my 2 centavos...)
J.