Re: Mount windows drive within another machine (network)

hi ya michael

to put passwds into a file is a bad idea...

- you can use sudo to not require passwd for certain root functions
  such as mount ... but that too is equally bad ???

- if you use an automounter, it needs the passwd too but at least
  the world cant see the file contents used by autofs/amd

- pick the better of the two evils you dont like

- i prefer to disallow linux from mounting windows ...
	(
	( a server should NEVER mount a client !!!! especially if the
	( MS machines is piloted by non-techies that cant be scolded
	( for screwing up the network
	(
	( windows clients should mount linux home dir stuff via samba
	(

c ya
alvin