Re: An *idea* that *might* put Debian on top (?)

Thanks for pointing out that omission in my initial post, Nico. I had intended this system to be installed on a system already running some kind of OS. One of the major benefits of this system is that a windows user could, theoretically, download the P2P app, run it, and sit back while it tappe dinto the community and installed Debian on a new partition, configured it, and was soon all ready to go. Obviously this idea would be much less feasible for a brand new computer system. But think about it: one-button conversion from Windows to Debian!

Jack Pryne

The idea is nice but it will be almost impossible to implement cuz you need
to configure the system *before* you can connect to your p2p network so you
need a working kernel, working modem/nic. next u need working internet thus
working ppp and so on. youre more than half way home already. it will not
pay off.

but keep thinking.......

yours,
Nico de Haer