Re: Stop apt-get upgrade from messing with fetchmailrc?

On Sat, 23 Jun 2001 12:19:51 -0500
ktb <ktb@nixnotes.org> wrote:

> As far as /etc/fetchmailrc being chowned to root.  I would think that is
> the
> way it should be.  With very few exceptions, in /etc,  most are
> root.root.
> I suspect what you could do is cp /etc/fetchmailrc to ~/.fetchmailrc
> Set the owner and group to that of you're home directory and -
> $ chmod 600 .fetchmailrc
> hth,
> kent

Hmmm,

ok, so leaving 1 link in /etc/rc2.d would stop fetchmail being installed
as a systemwide daemon. That's good, but I think you missed my question on
the file permission on /etc/fetchmailrc. It *is* set to owner root.root,
but upgrading fetchmail changes it to fetchmail.root. As I said, ISTR this
is a policy violation, isn't it?

Mart