Re: Slink->Potato, Perl version

On 23.06.01 at 15:44 joost@topaz.mdcc.cx wrote:
>Use dselect, and configure it to use apt as its "access" method...

Thanks Joost for that detailed mail. I've printed it out and I'm off to
familiarise myself further with dselect. I was quite surprised though
because a debian book I looked at online expressly said the opposite
about dselect and apt-get. The book is in German "Debian GNU/Linux
Anwenderhandbuch" by
Frank Ronneburg. It's online, and it applies to slink and potato.

It sounds like good advice to upgrade to potato first and then take the
next step.

Thanks again,

Marcus