Re: Slink->Potato, Perl version

On Saturday 23 June 2001 08:44, Joost Kooij wrote:

> Performing large scale upgrades can be attempted using only apt-get, is in
> most cases asking for trouble.  This is not a shortcoming in apt-get, it
> just doesn't have all the needed user interfaces to dependends management
> that dselect does.
>
> Use dselect, and configure it to use apt as its "access" method.

Joost,

Thanks for that long and informative post.  I've saved it away for future
reference.  It definitely falls in the category of "things I always wanted to
know but didn't know how to ask."

> a little.  But then I probably learnt my way to the first aid kit mostly
> from walking into the cutting edge so many times.

And that little jewel goes in my favorite quotes file.  :}

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.