Re: wget and images

On Thursday 21 June 2001 19:36, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> Hi list
>
> How do I make wget download images?
> I used
> wget -r -l1 -k
> http://www.somesite.anywhere/the/directory/iwant/index.htm
> This copies all html files that are linked form this index file to
> my local computer. I'm only missing the images (this is important,
> because it is a graphics tutoriyl...)

You could try other web grabbers like pavuk and aria. Pavuk and aria
are multithreaded (allows you to download several files at the same
time), and comes with a nice gui. (You need a separate front end for
wget.)

Pavuk has some sort of file locking mechanism. With wget, funny
things can happen when you start two wget sessions that end up
pointing at the same files. Uncompleted downloads are conveniently
named .in_* so you know your downloads are, well, uncompleted. This
of course assumes that the server you're connecting to is one of
those sensible ones that allow resumable downloads.

You could also try prozilla, which allows the multithreaded download
of a single file, good for downloading the latest linux kernel or
mozilla source.