Re: wget and images

Emil Pedersen wrote:

> Joerg Johannes wrote:
> >
> > Hi list
> >
> > How do I make wget download images?
> > I used
> > wget -r -l1 -k
> > http://www.somesite.anywhere/the/directory/iwant/index.htm
> > This copies all html files that are linked form this index file to my
> > local computer. I'm only missing the images (this is important, because
> > it is a graphics tutoriyl...)
>
> Hmm.  I've used wget to fetch picture collections as well as other
> sites.  The line above _should_ work (fetch the images too).  Have you
> checked that the url's for the images are "real" url's and not cgi links
> or similar?  wget does not work with these thing.  Javascript will also
> confuse it, afaik.
>   There is also some sites that take explicit actions to prevent you
> >from saving the images, some of them makes it real hard to do so.  The
> worst I've seen made me watch all pictures in netscape (opera, ..) and
> grep the images from .netscape/cache/* .  Bloody hell getting the right
> filenames then...
>
> Good luck,
>         Emil

Obviously, wget did not fetch the images, but what I did instead, was
saves the images, too only links between eg. chapter1 <-> chapter2 will
not work (well, I can survive this...)

Thank you anyway

joerg

PS.: the mirror option "-m" to wget makes it copy the whole site
(www.somesite.anywhere), not only the selected page + level 1 link
depth... I killed this process very soon.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.