Re: Java 2 VM in Debian

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 10:57:13AM -0500, Andrew Dixon wrote:

| Where does the headder live?  I ask because I've never seen it on any of

In the header section of a mail ;-).

| your posts.  I do use netscape <guilty>.  Is this one of the things that
| it would strip off and not show the user?

I used to use netscape, before I converted to mutt.  You can tell
netscape to (a) show all headers (b) show no headers (c) show certain
headers.  If you look close enough, you can find the header and/or the
options to show it.

| Maybe put it in your signature.  Those show up in most (all?) mail
| readers.

With mutt I can tell it to show any headers I want, and not show
others.  I also set the order to show them in.  Also, since it is a
header, mutt can understand it so when I type "L" (list-reply) it
behaves properly (cc'ing if requested, not cc-ing if not requested).
Mutt still has the "g" (group-reply) feature that users of, umm, less
sophisticated mailers tend to use.

Anyways, it is intended as a convenience to help people manage the
large volumes of mail they recieve from mailing lists.  Some people
feel more strongly about it than others.  The header really should be
obeyed by more mailers, but oh well.

-D