Re: Shutdown -h now

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 11:53:05AM -0500, Petr [Dingo] Dvorak wrote:
| On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Kurt Dresner wrote:
|
| Can anyone perhaps instruct me in how to build a kernel with APM
| enabled?  I know practically nothing...
|
| I know that my computer can power itself off in windows, but not in
| linux...

[ just edit /etc/lilo.conf ]

I second this recommendation.  You can rebuild the kernel if you
really want to, but the packager(s) have set the default kernel up so
that it is as easy as the above instructions to get APM, while leaving
it off by default so that it still works naturally on older hardware
(w/o APM).

-D