Re: Java 2 VM in Debian

Steve Kowalik <stevenk@hasnolife.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 02:40:03PM +0100, Colin Watson uttered:
>> Please don't cc me on mailing list mail; my mail headers say not to, and
>> if you don't then I get to filter mailing lists somewhere else rather
>> than have it all end up in my inbox. Besides, if anyone might have
>> wanted the URL getting to them urgently, it was the original poster, not
>> me.
>
>Grah!
>That's what procmail is for!

No, if somebody ccs me on a mailing list message, it is absolutely
correct that it turns up in my inbox; cjw44@flatline.org.uk means *me*,
not my motley collection of mailing list gateways. Quite often people cc
me on urgent things that I need to read immediately rather than having
them sit in a mailing list I only read once every couple of days (bug
reports are a good example). Ccs are good, and I don't want to break
them; I'm arguing against unnecessary ccs that mean it gets harder to
find urgent stuff.

Of course, you obviously don't mind, since you have a Mail-Followup-To:
header that says so.