RE: Dual processor PIII 866 versus single Pentium 1.4Ghz

personally i would always stick to intel, especially in a server
environment, and in your situation i would go for the dual p3 soloution

-----Original Message-----
From: John
To: mdevin@ozemail.com.au; Debian-user
Sent: 20/06/01 18:29
Subject: Re: Dual processor PIII 866 versus single Pentium 1.4Ghz

Ill tell you right now. DONT GET INTEL CPUS. they are horrid now-a-days.
AMD
chips are based off of newer architecture, have 33% more on-chip chache,
and
can run at even 266mhz system bus, as opposed to only 133mhz p3. Athlons
also
have 3 Floating point pipelines, as opposed to p3's 1.

all of that, and AMD chips are WAY cheaper.