Re: another strange bootup message: SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 06:36:24PM +0200, Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> Britton wrote:
>
> > Oddly, this one does't show up in dmesg.  It happens a couple of times
> > during bootup and thats it.  Ideas what is going on would be mose welcome.

	Hi There,

	Don't know if I can be of much help. Is your networking
working at all with this error? Just curious. You might want to make
sure that your network card driver is loaded properly, try 'lsmod'.
Maybe have a look at the output of the commands 'ifconfig' and 'route',
and havbe a look at the files /etc/networks(if you have that. you should
have it if you set up your network as a 'static ip' address when you set
up debian) and /etc/network/interfaces just see if you can glean any
info from them. Are you using pump or dhcp-client? Or is this is static
ip setup?

	Hope that gets you started in the right direction,

	             Jimmy Richards