Re: memory

Hi,

> a) I read that sometimes linu doesn't see all the ram you have installed
on
> your machine.
> How can I verify hao much ram does my debian sees? And how can I correct
> the situation in case there's something wrong?

This is a problem with some BIOSes AFAIK.  Type:-

   # cat /proc/meminfo

for memory information.

If you have more memory than it says, at the boot: prompt type:-

  boot: linux mem=128M

for example.  To make this permanent, add the following line to
/etc/lilo.conf:-

  append="mem=128M"

and then type "lilo".  When you reboot it should pick up all
the memory.  Replace 128M with your memory size too!

> b) how can I know how much space on my disk is free and how much is not
> free? Which is the utility?

Type "df" and it will tell you.

My mail config "just worked" so I couldnt help you with that! :p

Hope this helps,

- Chris.