Ripping MP3s

Can anyone recommend any package for creating mp3s from CDs (yes, I do own them :) under Debian? I tried searching the package list but there was nothing obvious, only players it seemed.

For bonus points you might also like to recommend a sound card, as
I'm not sure that mine (Yamaha WF192XG) works too well (or at all)
using GPL-type software.

Thanks,
Gary, soon getting some RF headphones and wants to turn his computer
into a jukebox :-D

Get your own FREE E-mail address at http://www.linuxfreemail.com
Linux FREE Mail is 100% FREE, 100% Linux, and 100% yours!