Re: MouseMan ??

Ashley Clark wrote:

> * Christopher W. Aiken in "Re: MouseMan ??" dated 2001/06/18 21:17
> * wrote:
>
> > Thanks Hall.
> >
> > I got the mouse up and running (bothe Debian & FreeBSD) except for
> > the "wheel". I would assume that the "wheel" is used to scroll up and
> > down in lieu of the scroll bars in an apt such as Netscape. I did add
> > the Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" to my XF86Config file but the only
> > thing I can use the "wheel" for is "clicking" like a middle mouse
> > button.  Any ideas?
>
> I have the non-optical version of this mouse working with these
> settings:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>   Identifier  "Configured Mouse"
>   Driver    "mouse"
>   Option    "Device"    "/dev/psaux"
>   Option    "Protocol"    "MouseManPlusPS/2"
>   Option    "Buttons"   "6"
>   Option    "ZAxisMapping"    "5 6"
>   Option    "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
> EndSection
>
> and this in .xmodmap:
>
> pointer = 1 6 3 2 4 5
>
> The thing to remember is that the wheel counts as two buttons and for X
> apps to recognize it then they must be buttons 4 and 5, I've set up the
> thumb button to be the middle button since I have a problem with
> moving the wheel when I try to click it to paste.

  works great, here's another question:

  does anybody know if it's possible to set up the side button (or any
button for that matter) to act as double click? I can remap buttons any
way I like (there are six buttons (including wheel) so each of them can
be arbitrary 'logical' button 1 through 6) but how do I remap button to
some other action? is it possible?

  TIA

	erik