Re: MouseMan ??

* Christopher W. Aiken in "Re: MouseMan ??" dated 2001/06/18 21:17
* wrote:

> Thanks Hall.
>
> I got the mouse up and running (bothe Debian & FreeBSD) except for
> the "wheel". I would assume that the "wheel" is used to scroll up and
> down in lieu of the scroll bars in an apt such as Netscape. I did add
> the Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" to my XF86Config file but the only
> thing I can use the "wheel" for is "clicking" like a middle mouse
> button.  Any ideas?

I have the non-optical version of this mouse working with these
settings:

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier  "Configured Mouse"
  Driver    "mouse"
  Option    "Device"    "/dev/psaux"
  Option    "Protocol"    "MouseManPlusPS/2"
  Option    "Buttons"   "6"
  Option    "ZAxisMapping"    "5 6"
  Option    "SendCoreEvents"  "true"
EndSection

and this in .xmodmap:

pointer = 1 6 3 2 4 5

The thing to remember is that the wheel counts as two buttons and for X
apps to recognize it then they must be buttons 4 and 5, I've set up the
thumb button to be the middle button since I have a problem with
moving the wheel when I try to click it to paste.

--
creaky halls