Re: MouseMan ??

> > I got the mouse up and running (bothe Debian & FreeBSD)
> > except for the "wheel". I would assume that the "wheel" is
> > used to scroll up and down in lieu of the scroll bars in
an
> > apt such as Netscape. I did add the
> > Option    "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5" to my XF86Config
> > file but the only thing I can use the "wheel" for is
"clicking"
> > like a middle mouse button.  Any ideas?
> >
> > BTW...  What is the "thumb" button for?
> >
> > -=[cwa]=-
> > FreeBSD 4.2
>
> As a further point of fact,
>
> I only got my Logitech mouse working fully (ie including
> the wheel) by adding 'Option "Buttons" "5"' to my
> XF86Config. Try that, it might help. Of course, if your
> mouse has more than 5 buttons, put in the appropriate
> number and don't forget that a wheel counts as 2 buttons.

I believe I tried that, along with "Options ZAxisMapping 6 7",
all with no luck. I also set it up *exactly* like the
instructions for XFree86 detail and it still didn't work. I
don't recall now, but I think when I spec'd "MouseManPlusPS/2"
as the protocol, my mouse pointer would very quickly jump
around the screen. It was *unusable*. If I was able to get it
to stop within an application that understood the scroll
wheel, it didn't scroll.

Again, I've settled on the "IMPS/2" protocol, "ZAxisMapping 4
5", and no "Buttons" number spec'd. The mouse works okay this
way, including the scrolling wheel. The thumb button does
nothing, that I recall. If it does something, it may be
duplicating the 3rd button's functions in Enlightenment.

Hall