Re: MouseMan ??

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:17:35 -0400 (EDT)
"Christopher W. Aiken" <cwaiken@icubed.com> wrote:

> Thanks Hall.
>
> I got the mouse up and running (bothe Debian & FreeBSD) except for the
> "wheel". I would assume that the "wheel" is used to scroll up and
> down in lieu of the scroll bars in an apt such as Netscape.
> I did add the Option    "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5" to my XF86Config
> file but the only thing I can use the "wheel" for is "clicking" like a
> middle mouse button.  Any ideas?
>
> BTW...  What is the "thumb" button for?
>
> -=[cwa]=-
> FreeBSD 4.2

As a further point of fact,

I only got my Logitech mouse working fully (ie including the wheel) by
adding 'Option "Buttons" "5"' to my XF86Config. Try that, it might help.
Of course, if your mouse has more than 5 buttons, put in the appropriate
number and don't forget that a wheel counts as 2 buttons.

Mart