Re: PPP - On Demand Dialing / timeouts

Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:

>     Hello Nico,
>
> ask the modem to speed-dial instead of slow-dial my ISP. I didn't use bind to

I seem to remember something about v.92 speeding up connects to numbers you've
called before, it learns what parts it doesn't need to train about.  You might
want to look into this.  I've found s11=37 works on my phone lines, although, 36
is too fast.  then again, 13 ms times say 7-10 numbers, is only a tenth of a
second, won't make much difference compared to the 50ms between digits that you
use.

mike dresser